About Us

worledit1.jpgThe academy has proudly served the local community for well over a hundred years. When the school opened in July 1872, it consisted of only one room with a gallery, with an attendance of 39. In 1884, another classroom and teacher were added to provide for the infants.

The school had a three classroom extension added to the existing old building in 2008. The two classrooms in the old building were transformed into our new hall, which includes professional staging.

The whole of the old building has been updated and the academy now provides a stimulating and rich learning environment for the children.